After graduating from Creighton University School of Law in 1970, Dan began practicing law in Nebraska before moving to Colorado in 1972. He quickly worked to pass the Colorado bar and immediately began litigating cases in the Colorado state courts, and federal district and appeals courts. Over the next decades, Dan built a reputation as a fierce litigator and trial attorney who fought hard to protect the rights of his clients and ensure that they received justice no matter what challenges they faced. He eventually became a shareholder and senior attorney at the Litigation Group of Donelson Ciancio & Grant, P.C., a local firm that served clients throughout the state of Colorado.
After over 30 years of serving his community at a large firm, Dan decided that he wanted to branch out and start his own firm. He believed that opening a firm would allow him to better serve his clients by focusing on their needs and providing a level of personalized service his previous firm couldn't always offer. In 2012, he opened the doors to the Law Offices of Daniel T. Goodwin to offer the highest level of legal counsel and representation in the areas of civil litigation, personal injury, real estate and business law.
Since opening the firm, Dan remains committed to offering his clients excellent representation and personalized legal services. He believes that establishing an honest and open relationship with his clients allows him to look beyond the details of their case and actually become invested in their success — because at the Law Offices of Daniel T. Goodwin, client satisfaction will always be his top priority.
- Nebraska, 1970-1980
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska, 1970-1980
- Colorado, 1972
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 1972
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit, 1975
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Colorado, 1975
- Bachelor of Arts - Creighton University, 1967
- Juris Doctor - Creighton University School of Law, 1970
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Metro North Chamber of Commerce - Board of Directors Member and Legal Advisor
- Colorado Bar Association - Member
- Denver Bar Association - Member