Daniel T. Goodwin Law
What Should You Do After Being Injured in an Auto Accident?
This guide briefly describes actions that you should take in the days and weeks following an accident. Contact a local personal injury attorney for an evaluation of your case.
1. Exchange Information Always get the other driver’s license information, phone number, address, and insurance information before leaving the scene.
2. Call the Police The police will write up an accident report and evaluate the scene.
3. Seek Medical Attention If you think that you may need it, seek medical attention as soon as possible.
4. Retain all Medical and Accident Records and Photos Get copies of any medical records, accident reports, and photos taken of the scene and your car. If you suffer bodily injury, make sure to take pictures of your injuries.
5. Contact An Attorney! Certain cases have time limits, and if you do not bring your claim within the time limit, you may forfeit your right to pursue the claim and get compensation. Speak with a local attorney who specializes in personal injury law as early as possible.