Fine art, music, fashion, film, television, Internet and new media, graphic design, theater, dance, literature…we love them all!
The Law Offices of Daniel T. Goodwin provides legal services and education to artists, creators and independent business owners. Our Arts & Entertainment attorneys hold a fierce commitment to developing and supporting the creative industries of Colorado, and provide the knowledge, experience and dedication to handle your legal matters effectively, efficiently and at reasonable rates.
“Entertainment Law” or “Arts Law” encompasses a wide range of legal areas and issues. Our Arts & Entertainment attorneys provide a diverse array of services to their clients, such as:
- Copyright Law
- Trademark Law
- Drafting and negotiating licensing agreements
- Drafting and negotiating production agreements
- Forming business entities that protect artists, musicians and other creators from personal liability, including recommending strategies to take advantage of favorable tax treatments
- Preparing Joint Venture Agreements or other partnership agreements for one-time creative projects or ongoing creative collaborations
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various contracts for authors, filmmakers, photographers, songwriters, designers, screenwriters and bands
- Hobby Loss Rule and other tax audit or tax planning issues unique to artists and creators
- Nonprofit arts organizations–formation and management
- Festival administration
Our entertainment law team brings unique experience from “in the field” due to their prior careers in the music and art industries, allowing them to bring relevant experience to help you solve your legal issues.