Contracts are integral in today’s society. They define relationships, delineate rules and expectations, allocate risk, mandate insurance requirements, and generally help to solidify all kinds of arrangements between two or more parties.
In business, having airtight contracts is essential to the protection of your interests and overall financial investment. Good contracts prevent future problems and can be invaluable tools for avoiding expensive litigation and other legal headaches.
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Daniel T. Goodwin have been helping clients structure and negotiate the deals and arrangements that they want, and avoid the troubles they do not want, for more than 40 years. Since each situation is unique, every contract we draft is designed to meet the specific demands of your particular needs.
With a focus on truly understanding our clients’ positions and a “plain English” approach to legal drafting, we have established a strong reputation for being thorough and accurate in our scope, clear in our language, and efficient with our time. Moreover, our attorneys’ strong litigation background brings a deep understanding of how contract disputes arise and resolve, which allows us to bring real-world insight to the preparation of comprehensive legal agreements.
Our extensive experience includes the drafting and negotiation of:
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements (NDAs).
- Independent contractor agreements.
- Real estate sale and lease agreements.
- Business purchase and sale contracts.
- Business services agreements, and accompanying Statements of Work.
- Employment and severance agreements.
- Shareholder and operating agreements.
- Joint venture contracts that help multiple parties define their positions.
- Licensing and distribution agreements.
- Intellectual property (IP) assignment and licensing agreements.
Our attorneys have counseled hundreds of individuals and business owners on a wide range of contract issues. Our clients come work in a wide range of industries – medicine, construction, real estate, transportation, arts and entertainment, software and IT, and more.